Apple iOS 17 Update released 2023: iOS 17 is here, and it’s packed with new features and improvements that make your iPhone even more powerful and personal. From a new way to stay connected with friends and family to a more intelligent input experience, iOS 17 has something for everyone.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at all the new features in iOS 17 and show you how to use them to get the most out of your iPhone. So whether you’re a power user or a casual user, be sure to check out iOS 17 today!
Apple iOS 17 Update released 2023
Apple has released iOS 17 on Monday, September 18, 2023, for all iPhones from the iPhone XR and newer models. This significant operating system update brings a host of new features and improvements, some of which were unveiled at the WWDC keynote on June 5.
iOS 17 introduces enhancements like contact posters, NameDrop, StandBy, Live Voicemail, FaceTime video voicemail, a revamped Siri voice recognition model, substantial improvements to autocorrect and dictation, and much more. It’s a substantial update that can make your existing iPhone feel like new, all without any additional cost. In this article, we’ll delve into everything you need to know about iOS 17.
Apple iOS 17 Beta Version
Even though iOS 17 is officially out, Apple has been testing it through a beta program before the public release. Currently, they have the iOS 17 Release Candidate as the latest beta version. But here’s what’s likely to happen: Apple will soon start working on iOS 17.1. This new version will help fix any early issues or problems that people might find in the first iOS 17 release.
If you want to keep getting these early beta updates for iOS 17, you can learn how to do that in our guide on “How to get the iOS 17 beta on your iPhone.” And for those who want to switch back to the regular, non-beta version of iOS 17, we also explain how to do that.
Apple iOS 17 Update Key Points
- iOS 17 is the major software update released by Apple this year.
- It’s available for iPhones from 2018 and onwards.
- The update focuses on enhancing popular apps like Phone, Messages, and Safari.
Apple iOS 17 Compatible Devices
iOS 17 comes with a list of compatible iPhones, and it’s essential to be aware of which devices will support this new software update. Unfortunately, iOS 17 will not be available for the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or the iPhone X. These older models, however, will continue to receive security updates for at least another year and can run iOS 16.
On the other hand, a range of iPhones will support iOS 17, although some may not fully access all the new features due to hardware limitations.
It’s essential to consider this compatibility information when deciding whether to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 17. Older devices may not receive the complete suite of new features that come with the update, much like what happened with the iPhone 8 and iPhone X when iOS 16 was released.
To find out which version of iOS your specific iPhone supports, you can refer to Apple’s official documentation or check your device’s settings.
iOS 17 Compatible devices list:
|Supported iPhones||Not Supported iPhones|
|iPhone 14||iPhone 8|
|iPhone 14 Plus||iPhone 8 Plus|
|iPhone 14 Pro||iPhone X|
|iPhone 14 Pro Max|
|iPhone 13 mini|
|iPhone 13 Pro|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max|
|iPhone 12 mini|
|iPhone 12 Pro|
|iPhone 12 Pro Max|
|iPhone 11 Pro|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max|
|iPhone XS Max|
|iPhone SE (2nd gen or later)|
Apple iOS17 Update: How to install apple iOS 17 update?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “General.”
- Next, tap on “Software Update.”
On this screen, you’ll find information about your current iOS version, and if iOS 17 is available, it will be indicated. Depending on the status, you might see either “Install Now” if the update has been downloaded but not installed, or “Download and Install” if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and has at least 50% battery life before starting the update process.
- Back up your iPhone before updating to iOS 17. This way, you will be able to restore your data if something goes wrong.
- If you are having trouble installing iOS 17, try restarting your iPhone or force restarting it. If that doesn’t work, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or using cellular data.
Please note that some older iPhones may not get the full range of new features in iOS 17. To find out more, check the official Apple website.
Apple iOS 17 New Features
iOS 16 introduced a slew of exciting features, such as a revamped Lock Screen, the ability to unsend iMessages, and the iCloud Shared Photo Library. But what’s in store for iOS 17? While early rumors suggested there might be fewer major changes, Apple has unveiled numerous new features for this update, which we’ll delve into below. For a quick comparison between iOS 16 and iOS 17, check out our overview.
Keep in mind that not all these features will be available right at launch. At least five iOS 17 features, including AirDrop over the Internet, the Journal app, Collaborative Apple Music playlists, AirPlay in hotel rooms, and NameDrop to Apple Watch, will be rolled out “later this year” in a subsequent software update.
Let’s explore some of the noteworthy Apple iOS 17 features:
- A new app that enhances Memories in Photos.
- Allows you to relive special moments with text, location, and photos.
- Offers a Suggestions API for developers.
- Inspired by the Apple Watch.
- Displays time with various clock styles when your phone is on a stand at night.
- Provides widgets, Live Activities, and Night Mode for a smart home hub-like experience.
- Customize how you appear in calls and on your contact card.
- Personalize posters with images, fonts, and colors.
- Integrates with Call Kit for use in third-party VOIP apps.
- Provides live transcripts of voicemail messages as they are being spoken.
- Phone app changes, including the relocation of in-call buttons and updated icons.
- The end-call button was moved back to the middle after user feedback.
- Ability to leave video messages when calls aren’t answered.
- Option to take FaceTime calls on an Apple TV.
- Faster Messages app.
- Search filters to narrow down search results.
- Features like jumping to the first unread message, swipe to reply, and automatic transcription of audio messages.
- Check-In feature to notify friends and family when you reach a destination safely.
- All emoji in Apple iOS 17 can now be resized as stickers.
- You can extract subjects from photos and turn them into stickers.
- Live animated photos can become Live Stickers.
- Simplified sharing by bringing phones close together.
- Easier selection of phone numbers and email addresses to share.
- Improved usability for sharing information.
- Facilitates easy contact info exchange via AirDrop.
- No need to make a missed call to share contact details.
Keyboard and Dictation:
- Enhanced autocorrect accuracy.
- Predictions displayed in-line while typing.
- Machine learning adapts autocorrect to your writing style.
- Improved Dictation accuracy with a new speech recognition model.
- No need to say “Hey” every time you summon Siri.
- Powered by the new transformer model, making it more accurate and capable of handling multiple requests in one command.
- People album uses on-device machine learning to recognize favorite people, cats, and dogs.
- Improvements to Spotlight search, Notes, Autofill, and Apple Music.
Apple ID Passkey:
- Passkey support introduced in Apple iOS 16 is now mainstream.
- Allows logging into Apple ID with a passkey using Face ID or Touch ID instead of a password.
These are just some of the highlights of Apple iOS 17. Other improvements include an enhanced keyboard with more accurate autocorrect, on-device machine learning in the People album to recognize favorite people, cats, and dogs, and various smaller features enhancing Spotlight search, Notes, Autofill, and Apple Music. Additionally, iOS 17 introduces Apple ID passkey support, allowing you to log into your Apple ID using Face ID or Touch ID on your iPhone instead of a password.
Q. What is iOS 17?
iOS 17 is the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system for the iPhone. It was released to the public on September 18, 2023.
Q. How do I install iOS 17?
To install iOS 17, go to Settings > General > Software Update and tap Download and Install.
Q. What iPhones support iOS 17?
iOS 17 is supported on all iPhones released since the iPhone XS, including the iPhone 14, iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, and iPhone SE (2nd generation or later).
Apple iOS 17 is the most recent version of Apple’s mobile operating system, and it’s packed with new features and improvements that make your iPhone even more powerful and personal. From a new way to stay connected with friends and family to a more intelligent input experience, Apple iOS 17 has something for everyone.
If you have an iPhone that is supported by Apple iOS 17, I highly recommend upgrading. iOS 17 is a great update that will make your iPhone even better than before.
key reasons why you should upgrade to Apple iOS 17:
- New ways to stay connected: Apple iOS 17 includes a number of new features that make it easier to stay connected with friends and family, such as Contact Posters and Live Text in Messages.
- More intelligent input: Apple iOS 17 includes a new QuickType keyboard that is more intelligent and predictive than ever before.
- New features in Safari: Apple iOS 17 includes a number of new features in Safari, such as tab groups and shared tabs.
- New features in Maps: Apple iOS 17 includes a number of new features in Maps, such as offline maps and EV routing.
- New features in Siri: Apple iOS 17 includes a number of new features in Siri, such as the ability to say “Hey Siri” without hands-free.
And much more!